December 9, 2009

Candice

It's usually just the babies crying during my photo shoots, but this was the first time I cried. In fact, I spent so much time fighting back tears, I had to check the files when I finished to make sure they were in focus. I met Candice at a friend's wedding this summer, and she contacted me for pictures for her website shortly after we moved to Tennessee. I had heard her story before, but to hear her tell it, to see her love for God shining through despite her heart ache, was a completely different experience. Candice's husband, David, died in a plane crash while transporting and organ just 10 months after they found out that their 3rd baby has Down's Syndrome. The night David died, Candice said, "God is still good," and through her faith she is turning tragedy into something beautiful. To learn more about Candice and what she's doing now, visit her website.



Later, we headed to The Factory in Franklin to take some head shots. Wedding 101 is an adorable wedding boutique located upstairs that just happens to have the most awesome natural light streaming in. They were so gracious, and let us take several of her shots there. If you need help planning your wedding, this is definitely the place to go!





No comments: